The Vienna University of Technology is pleased to invite you to contribute to the 11th International Symposium on Location Based Services.
Participants and focus This symposium is addressed to scholars, researchers, digital industry / market operators, and students of different backgrounds (scientific, engineering and humanistic) whose work is either focused on or relevant to location based services (LBS). The symposium will offer a common ground to colleagues from various disciplines and practice where they can meet, interact and exchange knowledge, experience, plans and ideas on how LBS can and could be improved and on how it will influence both science and society.
Topics We invite contributions in the following areas (but not limited to):
- Outdoor and indoor positioning
- Smart environments and ambient spatial intelligence
- Spatio-temporal data acquisition, processing, and analysis
- LBS, crowdsourcing and volunteered geographic information (VGI)
- Geotagged big data
- Personalization and context-aware adaptation
- Visualization techniques for LBS
- Novel user interfaces and interaction techniques
- 3D and augmented reality
- Innovative LBS systems and applications
- Wayfinding and navigation
- LBS and transportation applications
- User studies and evaluations
- Privacy and usability
- Human factors in LBS
- Smart cities
- Legal and business aspects in LBS
- Open source solutions and standards
Submissions We invite the following types of contributions:
- Full papers – to present significant scientific results. Peer review of the full paper. High-quality submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and published in Springer's Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography Series. Manuscripts must describe original work that has neither been published before, nor is currently under review elsewhere. Papers should be written in English according to the DOC template file, and should not exceed 20 pages (including title, figures and references). Full papers must be submitted in PDF format through the Easychair website by
15 May 2014 31 May 2014.
- Work in progress – to present ongoing work. Review of the abstract. If accepted, you are invited to give an oral presentation at the symposium and an extended abstract or full paper (your choice) will be published in the online proceedings of the symposium. Work in progress abstracts (up to 800 words) must be written in English and submitted through the Easychair website by
15 May 2014 31 May 2014.
- Showcases – live presentations of products and developments. Showcase presenters can submit an extended abstract or full paper for the online proceedings of the symposium, as long as it is scientific. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for individual arrangements by 18 September 2014.
Authors of selected full papers and work in progress will be also invited to submit extended versions of their work to special issues of the Journal of Location Based Services.
Please note that when submitting your full papers or abstracts in the Easychair website, you should indicate the category (Full papers or Work in progress) you want to submit.
Please click here to submit your contributions via Easychair.